Friday 9 July 2021

Have you ever used a mini water rocket?



Today we got out a science kit. We wrote a hypothesis on what would happen. My hypothesis  on what will happen when the rocket launches: I think the rocket will fly 40-50 feet high.My hypothesis was correct. I enjoyed watching the bottle fly.Have you ever used an aquapod ?

Here is my explanation

How an aquapod works.

Have you ever used an aquapod ?

Throughout this piece of writing I will tell you how one works.

An aqua pod is an orange platform used to launch a  water rocket.

First you fill a large empty soft drink bottle ⅓ of the way up.

Secondly you put the bottle on the ground then attach the upside down pod to the valve where the rubber seal  holds the bottle in place.

Next you plug the pump into the valve on  the aqua pod .then you 

pump 8-12 times  this creates air pressure.

Finally you pull the string nice and tight then the launch release pulls back and the pressure pushes the bottle up and the water comes down.


click the images to see the videos




 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Emma, my name is Rukia from New Windsor School. Wow i really liked how you explained how to make a water rocket! It also was really interesting reading about how an aquapod works. I've watched at least 3 tutorials at home for fun. I also made and aquapod with my cousins. Bye!

    Regards , Rukia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora. I am Fynley from St Mary’s School.
    I really liked how you showed how it works
    I never knew there was a such thing as aquapod.
    I thought your blog post was fantastic.
    Please visit my blog
    here

    Mā te wā
    Fynley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Emma, My name is Chrystelle and I am a year 6 student at Waikowhai Primary School. I really enjoyed your blog post about the mini water rocket you did at school. This reminds me of something I did at school. It was similar but it wasn't a mini water rocket. Maybe next time you could put in a bit more information. Overall I enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.